January 1, 2009


the fish market




Dilpreet & I sitting in her garden






This is what I have been up with since my last blog. I went to the fish market with mr and mrs Solomon, it was crazy. Rows and rows of fish sellers just sitting on the ground shouting for customers. It was a funny site to see plus it had a stench. You picked the fish you wanted right from the basin filled with water right in front of you on the ground. The seller would weight it for you and than take the scales off with this brush and cut it into pieces right there in front of you, while you are bargaining for a lower price. I have seen nothing like this before. And right around the corner there are dozens and dozens of people selling vegetables and live chickens and than when they hand it over they have cracked its neck and de-feathered it right in front of you on the scale. It was so funny this market was placed next to an old canal with instead of water piles of trash was stacked up.

No comments: