June 9, 2009

6 days


I have only 6 days left till I leave India and fly back to America on my 18 hr flight. This time has crept up on me with out me knowing. It feels like just last week I landed in India, ready to set out on all my adventures I was sure to encounter. I have done so many things, seen so many new things, met so many nice people that India has become a part of my heart forever. I am very eager to be coming home to my family and friends, but im also deeply saddened of everything that I am giving up here. Darlene and I were walking to dinner a few nights ago and the sun set was remarkably gorgeous, pinks and purples on the horizon with the palm trees in the background, and we both commented on how this is such a beautiful place and how will we ever be able to leave it. India is nothing like the US in people, culture, food, and landscape it is unique in ever way, and i have fallen in love with it all. This has been an experience that has stretched my limits in every possible way from my nursing career to meeting new people to performing on stage to having a closer walk with God. I have learned so much from India and I hope that i have left my imprint on her as well. I have been doing my last minute shopping, eating all my favorite food that just wont be the same in America, hanging out with my friends that i probably wont ever see again, and visiting new places before I go. Last week I went on a motorcycle ride which is an adventure considering no road rules with animals crossing the street at there leisure to Vijayawada and did some last minute gift shopping. Darlene, Andy and i went to Kondapolli which is famous for making wooden dolls. And went to an Adventist village wedding on Sunday that was an arranged marriage which is still most common in India. The traditions here are so entwined into their lives its beautiful in ever way that they live. They do everything the same way as the bible times thrashing the rice with there hands and carrying water in a bucket on top there heads from the water pump to their homes. India is a very rich country in culture and its amazing to be apart of it for my last 9 months. I am so glad that God gave me this opportunity to share his love and give my medical help to those in need here in India. I might forget some experiences i have had, people i have met, but i will not forget the feeling i have for india and the way it has changed me for the rest of my life. I hope that all of you that are reading this may also get a chance to experience the extreme joy and bliss that i have found during my year of service for others. I am flying home june 15, 2009 and am looking forward to seeing you all again who i have longed to see for the past 9 months. Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes and thoughts while i have been here in India it has meant a lot to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read your entries from time to time. We can see the Lord has given you a wonderful opportunity to serve Him in India. Thank you for being a missionary to reach out to people who need help. Because of person like you, many will be led closer to the Lord. May the Lord continue to bless you abundantly as you serve Him wherever you are. See you home soon!
Love, Mrs Shum

Anonymous said...

Mindy!
Thank you so much for sharing your mission trip with all of us! And, thank you for being such a wonderful Godly example to all the other kids (and adults!). What blessings!!!!!

Have a safe and speedy trip back home!

Love to you,
Susan Wicki

Lisandra said...

Hello Mindy,

I'm doing a presentation to collect funds for the surgery camps in shimla. I spent some time last year with Dr. Bazliel and the team. I was wondering if u had current pics of the latest camps you may be able to share with me and allow me to present them? Please email me and I can give you more info about me.

Thank you, I enjoy reading your blogs... its a window to the other side of the world!

:)
-Lisandra
LPerez1976@sbcglobal.net

Telugu Vilas said...

its a nice information blog
The one and the only news website portal Telugu vilas .
please visit our website for more news updates..
Telugu vilas