November 27, 2008

Badminton Tournament

Today we had the inauguration of the new badminton court at ruby nelson hospital. They went all out for this occasion. They had a banner set up, fire crackers, music, and sweets. Ashish and Praven were the organizers of the court so they spoke a few words. And Dr. Jacob made the commencement speech. All the staff and families came out for the big event. This is something that has been long in the process for this hospital. All the doctors cut the ribbon making the court official, and the games began. I have not really ever played badminton before so I did not know the rules. People kept telling me its like tennis but its really nothing like it. So they made me play, kerry was my partner we played against Ruby and Honey. Now Honey was all over the court jumping and twirling in the air everywhere she was so funny. The badminton racket is much much smaller than a tennis racket so I could not hit the shuttle for anything. Every time it came near me I would miss horribly. Everyone was laughing but at the end of the game I was starting to get the hang of it. But I sadly lost my first game of badminton. Now the staff of Ruby Nelson is going to have a tournament we will play every night for a month. So this shall be an experience, lets just hope I get better and start jumping and twirling like Honey.

No comments: